14 Eylül 2010 Salı

TV Reporter Says She's Not Too Sexy for Jets

"Everyone started to make jokes about me," said curvy TV reporter, Ines Sainz--a sports correspondent for Mexico's Azteca Television--as she recounted her embarrassing moments inside the New York Jets locker room this past Saturday, while waiting to interview star quarterback, Mark Sanchez. Sainz, who was wearing form-fitting jeans, told PIX 11 News "I read a lot of media say it's my fault. It's very common to dress like this for sports reporting."

Sainz' experience inside the locker room--which followed some antics with footballs thrown her way on the field--has spawned an NFL inquiry and forced the Jets to address workplace behavior with head coach, Rex Ryan, and his players.

Greg Aiello--Vice President of Communications for the NFL--told PIX 11 tonight outside the new Meadowlands Stadium, "Owner Woody Johnson and the Jets are doing a good job of addressing the situation and making sure players understand. The issue is conduct in the workplace--and respect for people in the workplace,."

Sainz--a former Miss Spain--sent a Twitter message out on Saturday that she was dying of embarassment, during the session at the Jets practice field in Florham Park, New Jersey. Defensive backs coach, Dennis Thurman, was said to have tossed footballs her way and some players blocked her as she walked. "I tried to minimize it," Sainz told PIX 11 tonight before the Jets- Ravens game. "What I try to do is not provocate.". She told PIX she thought the ball throwing was just a joke and not sexually motivated. But she got defensive about criticism turning up on blogs, that she was wearing jeans that are one size too small. "The jeans are my size," Sainz said. "My type of body, there could be a little more stretch on my jeans, but that's not my fault!".

Sainz has received support from other female sports reporters, including Terry Thompson, sports editor for the New York Daily News, who said this about the focus on Sainz' attire: "I don't think that's a valid excuse for not being able to do your job....I think women in sports face lots of harassment in locker rooms and on the field."

Hiç yorum yok: